Today marks the half-way point on my 30 for 30 goal. This means I am almost 30!
I wanted to start the new year with a reboot. During the holidays, way too much sugar (and flour and meat) was consumed! For two weeks, I have been eating a whole-foods plant-based diet.
What does that mean exactly?
- NO meat. No yummy grilled chicken or sautéed tilapia.
- NO dairy. In general, I have an aversion to dairy…namely milk. Sick. I was very happy to exclude dairy…except…
- NO cheese. No cheesy nachos, no queso and chips, no Parmesan on a fabulous salad.
- No eggs. I can live with out eggs as a meal…but eggs are in a lot of other foods.
What the heck have you been eating?
- LOTS of veggies. Zucchini. Spinach. Edamame. Bell Peppers. Sweet Potatoes. Broccoli. Carrots. Kale. On…and…on…
- WHOLE grains. Wild brown rice. Whole wheat orzo. Quinoa. Ezekiel bread.
- BEANS. Lentils. Black beans. Green beans.
- SEEDS and NUTS.
- NUT butters.
- GREEN smoothies. Fruits. Nuts. Spinach. Chia. Flax. Coconut oil. Maca. Vegan protein powder. Amazing Grass.
Throughout the past two weeks that began on December 26th, I have been jotting down general observations and thoughts about this way of eating. I will compile them at the end of my 30 for 30 journey. Until then, I’ll be enjoying my last days as a Twenty-Something! Bring it on 30!