While I am on a little vacay, a few of my local Austin blogging friends will be guest posting. I hope you enjoy, and go follow their blogs!
From Kristin at The Fresh Find:
I am a quinoa fanatic, but sometimes I get a quinoa ‘block’. I can only make so many quinoa hodge-podges where I throw in all sorts of spices and veggies. I needed a new form of quinoa. Recently, I made these quinoa patties and was so impressed!
They were incredibly simple to make and I LOVED texture. First, you bite into the crispy quinoa sides and then, you get into the flavorful and hearty patty. They are so much lighter than meat patties, leaving me awake and energized. Plus, one cup of cooked quinoa packs 5 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein!
They are perfect for meals, snacks and even breakfast! I highly recommend making a batch on the weekends, and reheating in a toaster over during the week. Top them with mango, avocado, Greek yogurt, sour cream, or whatever your heart desires. To see the full post, visit The Fresh Find here!
Quinoa Spinach Patties makes 10, 3-inch patties
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 5 large scallions, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup steamed spinach, chopped (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup plain gluten-free breadcrumbs (if want to make gf)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cook the 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water, according to directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, eggs, scallions, garlic, salt, cayenne steamed spinach, and breadcrumbs. Let everything sit for a few minutes to absorb the liquid. The batter should be sticky.
- Form patties (3-4 in diameter).
- Heat the coconut oil and pan-fry each side until cooked through and browned (5-8 minutes).
- Serve and top with avocado, mango, Greek Yogurt, sour cream or whatever your heart desires!
Kristin is the writer of the healthy food blog, The Fresh Find, and loves food, photography and nutrition. You can often find her running or biking around Austin, doing yoga, or playing football at Zilker park. Of course, she truly loves spending time in the kitchen and cooking for her friends and family!